Joseph Glover (c.1813 – 25 July 1866) was an engineer and manufacturer of mathematical instruments, residing at 3 Harrington Square, London, who was an active supporter of homeopathy in mid-nineteenth century England.
Glover was a member of the Board of Management of the Hahnemann Hospital at 39 Bloomsbury Square and he also served on the Management Committee of the English Homeopathic Association, alongside William Henry Ashurst, John Burnett, Edward Cronin, Paul Francois Curie, A. O. Deacon, Robert S. Dick, George Napoleon Epps, John Epps, Robert Frith, Robert Grosvenor, George Hayes, Thomas H Johnstone, Henry Kelsall, John Miller, Henry P. Osman, William MacOubrey, Charles Thomas Pearce, William Perkins, George K. Prince, James Stansfeld, Peter Stuart, Allan Templeton, James Thomson, William Warne, James Wilson.
Joseph Glover was the eldest of fourteen children born to coach-smith Thomas William Glover (1793 – 1879) and Jane Glover (c.1791), the daughter of a Staffordshire iron-founder.
Glover married Sophia Matilda Cooper (1823 – 1908) in August, 1851. They had a large family: Amelia (c. 1852 – 1924), Emma Louise (1852 – ?), Jane Sophia (1853 – 1897), Maria Eleanor (1856 – 1921), Emily Eliza (1857 -1932), Thomas William (c.1859 – 1950), Fanny Mary (1862 – 1935), Samuel Dickinson (1864 – 1947), and Lavinia Octavia (1866 – 1945).
In 1849, the English Homeopathic Association submitted a petition to Parliament in defence of Dr. Charles Thomas Pearce, who had been falsely accused of manslaughter and forced to endure a week in Newgate prison. The petition was seconded by John Epps, in the company of Joseph Glover, William Henry Ashurst, John Burnett, Edward Cronin, Paul Francois Curie, A. O. Deacon, Robert S. Dick, George Napoleon Epps, Robert Frith, Lord Robert Grosvenor, George Hayes, Thomas H. Johnstone, Henry Kelsall, John Miller, Henry P. Osman, William MacOubrey, Charles Thomas Pearce, William Perkins, George K Prince, James Stansfeld, Peter Stuart, Allan Templeton, James Thomson, William Warne, and James Wilson.
Joseph Glover was also a member of the Management Board of the Hahnemann Hospital at 39 Bloomsbury Square, alongside William Henry Ashurst, William Thomas Berger, William Arthur Case, John More Douglas, George Henry Fletcher, John Fowler, S. Hanson, Thomas Higgs, Thomas H. Johnstone, Charles Powell Leslie M.P., John Miller, Lt General Sir Charles Pasley, Frederick Sandoz, William Stephenson, Samuel Sugden, Allan Templeton, Major Charles William Tyndale, William Warne, A. Wilkinson, and Alderman Samuel Wilson.
Glover, then at 4 Walpole Road, Croydon, died 25 July 1866, aged only 52, just six weeks after the baptism of his youngest child, Lavinia.
Henry Gray Glover M.D. (20 August 1860 – 21 June 1948) of Jackson, Michigan, was an American homeopathic surgeon. He qualified M.D. from Chicago’s Hahnemann Medical College in 1882. He was house surgeon at the Hahnemann Hospital in Chicago during 1882-3, before going on to practice in Michigan, settling in Jackson in 1887. There he was on the medical staff at Jackson City Hospital and White Cross Sanitarium. Glover was a member of the Michigan State Homeopathic Medical Society, and in 1934 authored a book of poetry.
Mary E. Glover M.D. (16 February 1878 – 20 May 1956) was an American homeopathic physician and lecturer in obstetrics at the Hahnemann Medical College of the Pacific in San Francisco. In 1914-15 she was elected Second Vice-President of the California State Homeopathic Medical Society.
Allopath J. G. Glover M.D. provided an extensive, if not entirely complimentary article on homeopathy for the 1881 edition of Encyclopedia Britannica.