Wilhelm/William Huber M.D. (7 February 1806 – 6 June 1859) was an Austrian orthodox physician who converted to homeopathy to become a Physician at the Homeopathic Hospitals in Linz and later at Steyr.

The Homeopathic Hospital in Linz was opened in 1844 due to the industry of Gregorius Thomas Ziegler and Archduke Maximilian.

Wilhelm Huber did a proving of Thuja on himself in 1844. Wilhelm Huber also published cases detailing his use of Mistletoe, and Wilhelm Huber also did provings of Agaricus, Lycopodium, Nat Mur, Argentum, Mercurius, a study of bees, a study of 2160 cases of cholera in Russia, and William Huber also submitted cases and articles to various homeopathic publications.

Wilhelm Huber studied medicine in Vienna from 1826 and in 1834 obtained his M.D.

He then became personal physician to the widow of the Hungarian Minister of State, Count Erdödy, in Freystadtl. In 1843 he was personal physician to Count Esterházy. From 1844 until his death he worked as a general practitioner in Linz.

From September 1, 1848 to April 19, 1849 he was a member of the Frankfurt National Assembly for Bohemia in Kaplitz in the Budweis district in the Westendhall parliamentary group.

In 1854 after the death of Cajetan Wachtl, Huber took over the management of the homeopathic Hospital of the Sisters of Mercy in Steyr.

Wilhelm Huber’s obituary was in the Allgemeine Homöopathische Zeiteung and the British Journal of Homoeopathy.

Of Interest:

A Dr. Huber of the Canton of Zurich was a colleague of Samuel Hahnemann.

Elizabeth Huber assisted in a proving of Lycopodium in 1845.

Johann Huber assisted in a proving of Lycopodium in 1845.

Wenzel Huber, brother of William Huber, a surgeon at Kleinzell, also did a proving of Thuja on himself alongside his brother.

Adalbert Huber was a homeopath in Reichenau, Bohemia, in 1860. A. Huber assisted in a proving of Nat Mur in 1846.

J. Paul Huber was a homeopath in Kleinzell, Austria in 1860.

Edward Huber (1847 – 1883) wrote a history of Austrian Homeopathy in 1880. He also wrote Mercury and its Preparations that was published in 1885.