Black velvet smoking cap, with flower embroidery and a tassel. Franz Hartmann, a faithful student and intimate friend of Hahnemann, who took part in early proving, wrote: How grateful to him was the leisure he [...]
About hahnemannThis author has not yet filled in any details.
So far hahnemann has created 343 blog entries.
Edith Neild (1874 – 1927) in 1891. Image courtesy John Neild. Edith Neild M.B. L.R.C.P. L.R.C.S. L.F.P.S (15 January 1874 – 29 August 1927) was a pioneering British homeopathic doctor. Edith Neild was [...]
2 x Gold and pink curtain ties with tassels
2 x Metal curtain hooks with decorative washers.
Red velvet curtain with tassel trim
Metal possible copper plaque in case. Plaque reads 'Faculty of Homeopathy'
Red velvet curtain with tassel trim
Red velvet curtain with pink tassel trim
Large glass dome with blue velvet base, base possibly wood with blue velvet cushioning.
Tall and narrow cylindrical bell jar with a circular wooden base.
Short and wide cylindrical bell jar, illegible hand written label placed on top of base.
Large glass cylindrical dome with spherical handle on top, no base.
Bowl and shank of pipe, carved from horn, with painted pattern. Provenance: Dr R Haehl, the collection of Mazzini Stuart
Wedgwood bone china saucer, Sandon pattern; gold-edged, decorated with images of butterflies and flowers. Marked on underside: WEDGWOOD / BONE CHINA / MADE IN ENGLAND
Wedgwood bone china teacup, Sandon pattern; gold-edged, decorated with images of butterflies and flowers. Marked on base: WEDGWOOD / BONE CHINA / MADE IN ENGLAND / "SANDON" W.D. 4010
Wedgwood bone china tea plate, Sandon pattern; gold-edged, decorated with images of butterflies and flowers. Marked on underside: WEDGWOOD / BONE CHINA / MADE IN ENGLAND
Black leather case, containing a leather card case with metal clasp and a pencil, 2 visiting cards inscribed Samuel Hahnemann and Rue de Milan and Rue de Clichy, and 4 small folded papers for homeopathic powders. [...]
Red leather case with metal clasps and lined in red velvet. This contains a letter in French from Hahnemann. It is set behind glass and includes a lock of his hair. The letter states: Je [...]
Green silk smoking cap, embroidered with a leaf design. Provenance: Dr R Haehl, the collection of Mazzini Stuart
Wooden plaque set with a bronze relief portraying Hahnemann's head and a small glass oval below containing a lock of hair and a handwritten note from Mélanie and Samuel sent to their friend, Rev Thomas [...]
Beer glass etched with the name of a German brewery, Lauchstädter Brunnen, in Hahnemann's father's home town; it is also marked with the measure, 150G.
Large wooden (mahogany ?) case with metal inlay. Unable to be opened as it is locked and there is no key. There is an accompanying note describing the contents and stating that they were prepared [...]
'A Memoir of Dr Quin', by Edward Hamilton M.D. 1879 blue leather binding
'Veterinary Homœopathy, Comprehending the Treatment of the Diseases of All Domestic Animals' Price 6s green leather binding
'Biographical Monument to the Memory of Samuel Hahnemann' blue leather binding
'Two Dialogues' by Margaret Pollock Born March 8th, 1893 - Died June 4th, 1929 Signed in pencil on front cover green cover
'Reminiscences on Homœopathy' by R. A. F. Jack, M.B., CH.B. Birm. reprinted from "Homœopathy" - the journal of The British Homœopathic Association booklet, x pages stapled
Wooden stand with velvet covering, for a bell jar.
Letter from the Director of the Homeopathic Trust Major W. Foxton MBE to Dr A. Ghosh regarding a hospital with a signature in pen.
Main title 'faculty of the Homoeopathy', issue from January 1984, sub title says 'List of offices, members of council, and regional representatives. Fellows, members, and associates of the faculty.' Handwritten note in pen in top [...]
Main title 'faculty of the Homoeopathy', issue from February 1951, subtitle saying 'List of offices, council, fellows, members, and associates of the faculty', top right hand corner has an idecipherable handwritten note, also has handwritten [...]
Black leather travelling case with metal clasp, containing 100 glass vials with cork stoppers; many of these still contain homeopathic pillules. Also a concertina pocket containing 3 squares of paper, one of which is folded [...]
Patterned wooden box containing 66 glass vials with cork stoppers. (The box has been lockable but the lock is now broken.) Inscribed inside lid: 'HOMŒOPATHIC PHARMACY / BY / JOHN WALKER / 61 CONDUIT ST [...]
Black leather case with metal clasps, containing 34 labelled glass cylinders, tapered at each end. Four of the vials are broken open at one end; there are 2 loose pieces of wood inside the case. [...]
Lockable wooden box (key is missing) containing 24 small glass bottles with cork stoppers. Inside the lid: E. WHEELER / HOMŒOPATHIC CHEMIST / CLIFTON & BRISTOL
Black leather bi-fold travelling case containing 56 glass vials with cork stoppers; two are missing and at least one is smashed at the end. Case labelled on the inside: Toursse gabriel lesourd No. 1 temoins [...]
Small silver-coloured rectangular tin, containing 12 hypodermic needles. Stamped on lid: ORIGINAL RECORD
Silver-coloured metal case containing 9 pieces of medical equipment: scissors, scalpel, tweezers, hypodermic needles etc. Stamp on inside of lid: MED SUPPLY LONDON S
Black leather travelling case with metal clasp, case containing glass vials with cork stoppers, all held in numbered sleeves; 93 vials contain remedies, 17 are empty and there are 100 empty sleeves.
Cardboard box containing 9 assorted glass vials and bottles. Handwritten label on lid: NOSODES Printed label below: Supplied by / Ainsworth's Homeopathic Pharmacy / 38 New Cavendish Street / London W.1 (Tel. 01 935 5330) [...]
Lockable wooden box (key missing) with brass fittings; top compartment and 2 drawers (these are unable to be opened); contains 48 assorted glass bottles and vials, and 2 loose pills. Inscription on velvet lining in [...]
Wooden case, covered in black leather (deteriorating); containing 290 glass vials (one is of a different style) and a spoon; there are 31 empty compartments. Inscribed in lid: G CLAYTON / HOMŒOPATHIC CHEMIST / 315 / [...]
Wooden case, with brass corners and lock (key missing), containing 170 glass vials, with cork stoppers; 23 empty compartments. In gold lettering on velvet lining inside lid: W HEADLAND / Homœopathic Chemist / 15 Princes [...]
Stamp engraved with THE FACULTY OF HOMŒOPATHY and Faculty badge; for making a wax impression. engraved in reverse and intaglio
Gold medal with blue ribbon and gold pin, in dark blue leather case. Inscribed in lid of case: G. KENNING & SON. / LONDON / LIVERPOOL / MANCHESTER / GLASGOW
Commemorative gold medal, inscribed SIMILIA SIMILIBUS CURENTUR around the circumference and 45th L.M.H.I. CONGRESS beside the image of Hahnemann's head (copied from the 1838 relief by David d'Angers); 'Hahnemann' and '1790' below the image. This [...]
Gold medal, with image of Hahnemann's head, copied from the 1838 relief by David d'Angers; inscribed S. HAHNEMANN 1755-1843; and on the obverse, R. Rebatet 5c, A. Augis edt. In black box, lined with red [...]
Medal with blue ribbon, engraved with, INTERNATIONAL HOMŒOPATHIC CONGRESS 1911; and bar inscribed LONDON. Accompanying label in case states: Commemorative medal, 8th Quinquennial International Homœopathic Congress, 17-21 July 1911. Originally the property of Dr. Gibson [...]
Gold-coloured medallion of a building, inscription in Italian on circumference: COMISSARIO DEL GOVERNO NELLA REGIONE FRIULI VENEZIA GIULIA. Box lid inscribed: COPPE MEDAGLIE TROFEI / CLAUDIO / CECCHINI / 34137 TRIESTE / Campo di Giacomo [...]
Three identically-designed medals, made from different coloured metals; with image of Hahnemann (?), and engraved with, INTERNATIONAL HOMŒOPATHIC CONGRESS 1911; two with blue ribbons, one with white and red stripe. All with bar, inscribed LONDON. [...]
White ceramic plate with a design in gold leaf round the border and a painted inscription in Latin in centre. The inscription states that it was presented to Hahnemann on the occasion of his 75th [...]
Photograph of Hahnemann's birthplace and childhood home - on Neumarkt, Meissen. The building was reconstructed and converted into a restaurant in 1879, and there is a bust of Hahnemann above the door. There is handwritten note [...]
Watercolour painting of Hahnemann's birthplace and childhood home on the corner of Neumarkt, Meissen. His father owned the house from 1753 - 1782. Artist: C Werner, 1855 In gilded wood frame There is a handwritten [...]
Daguerrotype of Hahneman taken in Paris, 30 September 1841 Reverse information by Thomas Everest, from Daguerreotype of Samuel Hahnemann, Rue du Cherche-Midi, Paris, 30 September 1841 Daguerreotype of Hahnemann, Rue du [...]
Printed below photograph: BRITISH HOMŒOPATHIC SOCIETY / Complimentary Dinner to Dr. & Madame Pierre Schmidt, Connaught Rooms London, April 21, 1932. / Chairman: P. Hall-Smith, Esq., M.A., M.D. Pierre Schmidt, [...]
Photograph of a hospital ward, with a handwritten description on the back.
Black and white photograph of Dr Stuart McAusland, President of the Faculty of Homœopathy (1961 - ?), giving an after-dinner speech. Printed on front: Rawood Ltd. / 25 New Oxford Street, W. C. 1. Handwritten [...]
Copy of a portrait of Hahnemann by the German artist, Julius Schoppe, labelled Dr Hahnemann; illegible handwritten note on back of frame; also two labels on the back - one, Hahnemann Hospital, 42 Hope Street, Liverpool and, [...]
Model of Samuel Hahnemann Memorial on Massachusetts Avenue and 16th Street, NW (Scott Circle), Washington DC, USA. Sculptor: Charles Henry Niehaus, NY The pedestal has the inscription, SIMILIA SIMILIBUS CURENTUR. Four large bronze bas-relief panels [...]
Porcelain bust of Hahnemann, with inscription under left shoulder, copied from a sculpture by German artist, Anton Dietrich.
3 small cardboard boxes, containing brown glass vials 2 small cardboard boxes, containing brown glass vials and cork stoppers 1 slightly larger cardboard box, containing cork stoppers
Brown leather insert for travelling case, with sleeves for vials. Inscribed: A. Nelson and Co. ltd. London.
Small glass bottle, with sealed cork Labelled: LONDON HOMŒOPATHIC / LABORATORIES LTD And at bottom of label: "RIVERSLEIGH" / HIGH WYCOMBE, BUCKS Typed in between: PIPER NIG.6
Glass vial, with cork stopper Labels: 1. Natrum Muriaticum, 6 2. G. CLAYTON / ? late W. Headland's / HOMŒOPATHIC CHEMIST / 315, Regent Street / LONDON, W. / Near the Polytechnic.
Glass vial, with cork stopper Labelled: Viola Odorata, 6
Glass vial containing pillules Labelled: Sulphuris Acidum.12
Small glass vial with cork stopper; containing pillules Labelled: Sulphuris tinctura.12
Glass vial with cork stopper; containing an ampoule and white powder Labelled: Méningococcus
Glass ampoule, containing a clear liquid.
Lockable wooden box with brass lock (key missing); with 24 compartments containing 22 glass bottles (one green, the rest clear glass); two have cork stoppers, the others glass; 2 compartments are empty. Inside the lid: [...]
Black and green leather case, containing 2 stoppered glass bottles.
Bronze bust of Hahnemann, on wooden plinth; signed on the back, Ottin (French sculptor) Provenance: Dr R Haehl, presented by the Misses Coles
Medium-sized bronze bust of Hahnemann
Medium-sized porcelain bust of Hahnemann
Large porcelain bust of Hahnemann
Decorated presentation cut crystal cup with lid; etched with Hahnemann's face and inscribed, zum 10 April 1832 Von Dr. Uttomur. This is likely to have been a 78th birthday gift to Hahnemann from Dr Attomyr. [...]
Ceramic cup, with hand-painted portrait of Hahnemann and decorated with gold leaf, standing on three feet. Part of a set with commemorative plate (see following entry), presented to Hahnemann to mark his 80th birthday, on [...]
Small porcelain bust of Hahnemann.
Skinner's Centesimal Fluxion Potentiser, 1878; designed to be used over a sink, with water from a tap providing the motive power through the wheel. Note: Boericke & Tafel installed a version of Skinner's machine in [...]
Black leather case with carrying handle, containing 195 glass vials with cork stoppers; all individually labelled; there are 5 empty compartments. On outside of lid: Maison de la Radiesthesie / 16 Rue Saint Roche 16 [...]
Leather travelling case, with metal clasps, for glass cup and lid presented to Hahnemann by Dr Attomyr (see previous entry). Labelled: Medical Cup used by Samuel Hahnemann Provenance: Dr R Haehl, the collection of Mazzini Stuart
Black, leather travelling case with metal clasp; contains 18 glass vials with cork stoppers; 15 are labelled and contain either pillules or tablets; 3 are empty
Polished black wooden box; lid has inlaid brass borders and scrolled brass inlay in the centre around the name 'Hahnemannia'; contains 153 glass vials with cork stoppers; 8 compartments are empty.
Black leather case with metal clasp; contains glass vials with cork stoppers; 8 are labelled and contain pillules, 3 are empty, and there is 1 empty space; handwritten note on inside of lid has list [...]
Small round pink paper box containing a lock of Hahnemann's hair. The handwritten inscription on the lid states, in French, that this was given to Mr Peter Stuart by Sophie von Boenninghausen, Mélanie Hahnemann's adopted [...]
Cameo brooch (damaged), with a relief of Hahnemann's head, copied from one by the German sculptor, Franz Woltrek, made to celebrate Hahnemann's 60th Doctorate Jubilee on 10 August 1839. In black case, with gold trim
Small green leather case; lid lined with green silk; contains 32 glass vials with cork stoppers.
Black leather case, containing 12 glass vials with cork stoppers; vials labelled with individual Schuessler Salts Label: By appointment chemists to the late King George VI, / A. NELSON & Co. LTD. / HOMŒOPATHIC PHARMACY [...]
Mourning ring, with image of a head encircled in black In black case, with gold border
Small card/paper box, empty but lined with cotton wool; a gift from Mélanie Hahnemann to the wife of Rev Thomas Everest. Handwritten, in French, on lid: A sa / bonne Amie / Madame Everest / [...]
Small black leather case containing glass vials with cork stoppers and one spoon; vials contain pillules and are individually labelled - Chamomilla, Ipecacuanha, ?, Lycopodium, ?, Pulsatilla. Case marked: TURNER / HOMŒOPATHIC CHEMIST / PICCADILLY [...]
Small box containing a gold-mounted amethyst ring, engraved with a portrait of Hahnemann. After Hahnemann's death, Mélanie gave his ring to Dr Thomas Skinner. It later came into the possession of a Dutch noble family; [...]
Pendant with cameo image of Hahnemann's head, copied from a relief sculpted for his 60th Doctorate Jubilee (on 10 August, 1839) by the German artist, Franz Woltrek; chain of woven hair (presumably Hahnemann's). In small [...]
Oval cameo brooch with gold border; inscribed, Medallion brooch presented to the Misses Coles Hahnemann. Copy of a relief of Hahnemann sculpted by Franz Woltrek in honour of his 60th Doctorate Jubilee (10 August 1839). In [...]
Double-sided medallion with the inscription, DR CHRISTIAN FRIEDRICH SAMUEL HAHNEMANN 1755 - 1843 around the circumference and SIMILIA SIMILIBUS CURANTUR within that, surrounding an image of Hahnemann, copied from the relief of 1838 by David [...]
Small green leather-covered case containing 28 glass vials with cork stoppers; the abbreviated remedy name is printed on the corks.
'Homœopathic Manual Containing Hints For Domestic Practice' brown cover
Cameo brooch, with ornate gold border, marked 'F. Woltreck'; copy of a relief by the German sculptor, Franz Woltrek, made to mark Hahnemann's 60th Doctorate Jubilee on 10 August 1839. In black case, with gilt [...]
Small leather case with two tiers of trays, each containing 13 glass vials with cork stoppers; one vial is cracked; vials contain pillules and have indications for use on decorative patterned labels. Marked on inside [...]
Dudgeon's Sphygmograph, in black case Inside lid of case: DUDGEON'S / SPHYGMOGRAPH / PRESENTED TO / THE HUNTERIAN ORATOR / DR. B. T. PARSONS-SMITH / BY / IRWIN MOORE / (HON. TREASURER) / APRIL 9TH [...]
Small polished wooden box with brass hook; containing 46 numbered glass vials with cork stoppers and 2 loose vials in space at side. Engraved inside lid: Similia Similibus
Small leather case, lid lined with red silk; with two tiers of trays each containing 30 glass vials, and one side compartment with 8 glass vials, all with with cork stoppers; vials individually labelled and [...]
Leather box containing 66 glass vials with cork stoppers; stoppers marked with abbreviated remedy name and potency of contents. Mark on the inside of the (battered) lid: W. HEADLAND / HOMŒOPATHIC CHEMIST / 15 PRINCES [...]
Onyx stamp, engraved with a copy of Woltrek's relief of Hahnemann's head; plus 2 sample wax seals. In black box, with gold trim Left to the Misses Cole, by their aunts, the Misses Juliet and [...]
Small leather case containing small spoon and 24 glass vials with cork stoppers; vials contain pillules and are individually labelled. Inside lid marked: W.HEADLAND / HOMŒOPATHIC CHEMIST / 15. PRINCES ST / HANOVER SQUARE
Rectangular cameo brooch with gold frame; copy of a relief of Hahnemann's head by the German sculptor Woltrek, made to celebrate Hahnemann's 60th Doctorate Jubilee on 10 August 1839. Trifold red leather case with gold [...]
Small black leather case with gold border on lid; contains 6 labelled glass vials. Labelled: Presented to Col. M.C. Barraclough, / Secretary to the Faculty of Homeopathy by / Monsieur Boivon at Lyon, 31 May [...]
Small leather case containing 12 glass vials with cork stoppers; spoon is missing; vials are individually labelled. Inside of lid marked: LEATH & CO / CHEMISTS BY APPOINTMENT / TO THE / LONDON HOMŒOPATHIC HOSPITAL [...]
Small brown leather case, possibly containing other items.
Small leather case, containing 24 glass vials with cork stoppers; spoon is missing; vials are individually labelled and some contain a few pillules. Stamped on outside of lid, in a triangle and starburst design: SIMILIA [...]
Small souvenir notebook in tooled gold-coloured leather, with a metal binding, pencil, notepad and 4 loosely folded papers containing locks of hair, most probably Hahnemann's.
Small green leather case, decorated with ornate gold border on lid and internal gold trim; contains 60 glass vials with cork stoppers.
Small leather case, containing 6 glass vials with cork stoppers; vials individually labelled. Stamped in lid: JAMES LEATH / 9. VERE STREET / and / 5. ST PAUL'S CHURCHYARD
Lockable walnut medicine chest with brass inlay; key present; top of case contains 91 glass vials, 4 with broken corks, 1 empty space); 4 other items in pockets inside lid; drawer below contains 22 items [...]
Ceramic statuette of Hahnemann Inscribed on back: Hahnemann born 10 April 1750 at Meissen, died 2 July 1843 at Paris W.B. ?
Album of letters and notes, with a postcard inside the front cover; also contains folder with 3 leaflets on preservation and a note stating: Book donated by Mrs Peggy Ainsworth (nee Everest) whose relatives were [...]
Lockable crocodile and wood medicine case with carrying handle; key present; containing 1000 glass vials, with cork stoppers; stoppers stamped with abbreviated remedy name and potency. Note: donated by Dr C.D.G Johnson
Wooden possibly mahogany medicine box with 'James Epps, Homeopathic Chemist, 170 Piccadilly, 124 Great Russell St. & 48 Threadneedle St. London' marked on inside of box lid, containing 120 corked glass medicine bottles (labelled)
Contemporary blue leather travelling case with handle and metal clasps; contains metal clips for 100 vials (1 missing); 99 blue or white plastic twist-top vials, all individually labelled; plus compartment containing four small boxes and [...]
Charles Cullis M.D. (7 March 1833 – 18 June 1892) was a Boston homeopath who “… was on the Board of the Massachusetts Homœopathic Medical Society, which would establish a New England Homœopathic Hospital and [...]
Image credit Archives of American Art Journal, 1919 John Gutzon de la Mothe Borglum (March 25, 1867 – March 6, 1941) was a Danish-American artist and sculptor famous for creating the monumental presidents’ heads at Mount Rushmore, South Dakota, [...]
Elizabeth Robins (6 August 1862 – 8 May 1952) was an American actress, playwright, novelist, and suffragette. She wrote under the nom de plume C. E. Raimond. Elizabeth Robins was a patient of James John Garth [...]
The English Homeopathic Association In 1846, the English Homeopathic Association had approximately 560 members. In 1849, the British Homeopathic Association (amalgamated with the English Homeopathic Association) had 1300 member, sufficient to establish a hospital. The English Homeopathic Association was formed in May [...]
Anthony Ebenezer Blest M.D. M.R.S.C. (23 July 1796 - 1 April 1882) member of the Royal Physical Society Edinburgh, was a British physician who served in India as a Madras Medical Service surgeon with the [...]
Charles Fourier, unknown artist, 19th century. Image source: North Carolina Museum of Art François Marie Charles Fourier (7 April 1772 – 10 October 1837) was an influential French socialist philosopher, who is credited [...]
James Peddie Harper M.D. L.R.C.S. (8 February 1826 – 19 December 1911) was a British orthodox physician, Physician at the Fever and Casualty Hospital in Leith, Surgeon to the Edinburgh Artilery Regimental Militia, House Surgeon [...]
Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother Elizabeth Angela Marguerite Bowes Lyon (4 August 1900 – 30 March 2002) was the Queen consort of King George VI. After her husband’s death, she was known as [...]
Benjamin Britten. Image credit: classicfm.com Edward Benjamin Britten 1st Baron Britten, OM CH (22 November 1913 – 4 December 1976) was a British composer, conductor, and pianist. Edward Britten was an advocate of [...]
John Egerton Christmas Piper, CH (13 December 1903 – 28 June 1992) was a British painter and printmaker. John Piper was an advocate of homeopathy and a patient of Michael McCready who was recommended to [...]
Epidemic Man and his Visitations by James John Garth Wilkinson 1893 In this book written by James John Garth Wilkinson in 1893, the author outlines the true causes of epidemics, pestilences, wars, violence and disease. [...]
The Homeopathic Convalescent Home in Eastbourne (*photo used courtesy of Homéopathe International by Sylvain Cazalet at PHOTOTHÈQUE HOMÉOPATHIQUE) 36, Enys Road, corner of Enys and Carew Roads (nearly opposite the Princess Alice Memorial Hospital), opened [...]
The Phillips Memorial Homeopathic Hospital, Lowndes Avenue, Market Square, Bromley, Kent, operated from 1889 – 1943, (*photo used courtesy of Homéopathe International by Sylvain Cazalet at PHOTOTHÈQUE HOMÉOPATHIQUE) was based on the Bromley Homeopathic Dispensary [...]
On Human Science, Good and Evil, and its works: and on Divine Revelation and its Works and Sciences by James John Garth Wilkinson 1876 In this book written by James John Garth Wilkinson in 1876, [...]
George Blair Cochran M.D. L.R.C.S. (1 March 1809 - 16 September 1872) was a British orthodox physician who converted to homeopathy and served as Physician at the Weston Super Mare Homeopathic Dispensary, established in July [...]
William Theophilus Ord M.R.C.S. L.R.C.P. (9 June 1863 – June 1943) was a British orthodox physician who converted to homeopathy to become Fellow and President of the British Homeopathic Society. Ord was Visiting Surgeon and [...]
The Hahnemann Convalescent Home Bournemouth (photo used courtesy of Sylvain Cazalet Homéopathe International) was founded in 1879 with 32 beds, enlarged in 1883, and in 1913, a chapel was added. The Home accepted patients with [...]
The Bristol and Clifton Homeopathic Dispensary, Upper Berkeley Place, Bristol, was instituted in 1832, The Bristol Homeopathic Hospital, also known as the Bruce Melville Wills Memorial, was endowed by Walter Melville Wills in 1925, and [...]
Image: Hensleigh Wedgwood, anonymous illustration ca. 1870. Wikimedia Commons. Hensleigh Wedgwood (21 January 1803 – 2 June 1891) was a British etymologist, philologist and barrister. Hensleigh Wedgwood was the fourth son of Josiah [...]
Charles Hills MacKintosh M.D. M.R.C.S. L.R.C.P. L.S.A. (14 February 1808 – 13 March 1893) 10th Laird of Dalmunzie, was a British orthodox physician who converted to homeopathy to become Physician at the Torquay Homeopathic Dispensary, [...]
In War, Cholera, and the Ministry of Health. An appeal to Sir Benjamin Hall and the British People, homeopath James John Garth Wilkinson 1812 – 1899 (photo from National Portrait Gallery), written in 1855, appeals [...]
In The Book of Edda Called Voluspa, homeopath James John Garth Wilkinson 1812 – 1899 uses Emanuel Swedenborg’s Doctrine of Correspondence to translate this famous Norse text in 1897, two years before he died, after [...]
William Clowes Pritchard. Image credit: British Homoeopathic Congress 1905 Proceedings. William Clowes Pritchard M.R.C.S. L.R.C.P. B.A. (9 June 1867 – 6 July 1928) was a British orthodox physician who converted to homeopathy. He [...]
Sir Henry Campbell Bannerman The Book Lovers Magazine Vol. 4 No. 2 (August 1904) Sir Henry Campbell Bannerman, GCB PC (7 September 1836 – 22 April 1908) was a British Liberal Party statesman, [...]
Harris Livermore Coulter (8 October 1932 – 28 October 2009) was an American homeopathic historian, the leading homeopathic historian of the 20th century, Director of Publications for the American Foundation for Homeopathy, a Member of [...]
Kennaway Coat of Arms Image source: wikimedia Sir John Henry Kennaway 3rd Baronet CB, PC, DL (6 June 1837 – 6 September 1919) was an English Conservative Party politician, MP for East Devon [...]
Archibald Richard Shaw M.D. (15 December 1821 – 30 April 1899) was an orthodox physician who converted to homeopathy to become Physician at St. Mary’s Homeopathic Convalescent Home and Dispensary, located at 80, High Street, [...]
Robert MacLimont M.D. M.R.C.S L.M. (c.1823 – 8 February 1865) was a Scottish-born orthodox physician who converted to homeopathy. In his early career MacLimont was physician to the New York Dispensary and Physician Accoucheur to [...]
Ralph Barnes Grindrod LSA MD 1831 (19 May 1811 – 18 November 1883), was a British orthodox physician who, though proclaiming his absolute antagonism towards homeopathy, nevertheless worked alongside the homeopaths in the Malvern Hydrotherapy [...]
Thomas Spencer Wells (1818-1897) Sir Thomas Spencer Wells, 1st Baronet MRCS , FRCS  (3 February 1818 – 31 January 1897) was Surgeon of the Samaritan Free Hospital for Women, Hunterian Professor of [...]
William Austin Gillow M.R.C.S. (7 May 1826 – 16 March 1899) was a British orthodox surgeon who converted to homeopathy. Gillow was a Member of The Hahnemann Publishing Society, Medical Officer at the Bristol and [...]
David McConnell Reed M.D. L.R.C.S. (8 August 1810 – December 1890) was a British orthodox physician who converted to homeopathy to become Physician at the East End Homeopathic Dispensary and the Bermondsey Homoeopathic Dispensary. [...]
Thomas Vernon Bell M.D. (1824 – 3 September 1905) was an orthodox physician who converted to homeopathy to become a member of the British Homeopathic Society, and a member of the Medical Council of the [...]
John Hicks Nankivell M.R.C.S. L.S.A. (1809 – 12 December 1888) was a British orthodox physician who converted to homeopathy to become Surgeon at the York Homeopathic Dispensary. He was General Secretary to the 1872 British [...]
Thomas Hayle M.D. L.R.C.S. (December 1808 – 17 September 1886) was a British orthodox physician who converted to homeopathy to become Physician at the Durham Homeopathic Dispensary, the Northumberland and Newcastle Homeopathic Dispensary, and the [...]
John William Hayward M.D. M.R.C.S. L.S.A. (13 October 1828 – 30 October 1914), was a British orthodox physician who converted to homeopathy, to become a Surgeon at the Liverpool Homeopathic Dispensary, President of The Liverpool [...]
William Gwynn L.R.C.S. (Irel) , M.B. (Dublin)  (1831 – 11 August 1869), was an Anglo-Irish orthodox physician who converted to homeopathy to become House Surgeon at the Liverpool Homeopathic Dispensary and Consulting Physician at [...]
Peter Proctor M.R.C.S. L.R.C.P L.S.A. (7 May 1839 – 26 July 1931), was a British orthodox physician who converted to homeopathy to become a House Surgeon at the Liverpool Homeopathic Dispensary and Medical Officer to [...]
The Birmingham Homeopathic Dispensary 1845 – 1859 A homeopathic dispensary was opened in Great Charles Street in 1845, and this was fully established by 1847, […]
Henry Robertson LSA London 1828 (1807 – 14 October 1881), was a British orthodox physician and surgeon who converted to homeopathy to become the Vice President of the Midland Homeopathic Medical Society. He was a [...]
Frederick Flint M.D. C.M. M.R.C.S. (26 January 1842 – 25 July 1904) was a British orthodox physician who converted to homeopathy to become a House Surgeon at the Birmingham Homeopathic Hospital, and a Dispensing Chemist [...]
William Augustus Parsons L.S.A. M.R.C.S. (1801 – 4 April 1866) was a British orthodox physician who converted to homeopathy, to become a physician at the Birmingham Homeopathic Dispensary. Parsons was a colleague of George Fearon, [...]
William Headland (c. 1808 – 3 April 1860) was an homeopathic chemist and publisher, a member of the British Homeopathic Society, and was described by his homeopathic colleagues as “our first chemist” and “our chief [...]
George Rogers M.D. (23 December 1806 – 7 June 1862) was an orthodox physician who converted to homeopathy, to become House Surgeon at the Hahnemann Hospital at 39 Bloomsbury Square, George Rogers practiced at 97 [...]
Katherine Maria Routledge (11 August 1866 – 13 December 1935) was a British archaeologist and anthropologist who initiated (but did not complete) the first true survey of Easter Island. Katherine Routledge an advocate of homeopathy, [...]
Joseph Albert Jack Pease, 1st Baron Gainford PC, DL, JP (17 January 1860 – 15 February 1943), known as Jack Pease before 1917, was a British businessman and Liberal politician. He was a member of [...]
John Pattison M.D. F.R.M.S.L. (21 April 1818 – 18 February 1876) was a British orthodox physician and cancer specialist, affiliated with New York University, who converted to homeopathy. John Pattison had over thirteen years and [...]
Thomas Simpson M.D. M.R.C.S (1838 – 1920?), was a British orthodox physician who converted to homeopathy. Simpson was Honorary Consulting Physician to the Liverpool Hahnemann Homeopathic Hospital and Honorary Physician to the Southport Homoeopathic Dispensary. [...]
Joseph Glover (c.1813 – 25 July 1866) was an engineer and manufacturer of mathematical instruments, residing at 3 Harrington Square, London, who was an active supporter of homeopathy in mid-nineteenth century England. Glover was a [...]
Percy Roberts Wilde M.D. M.B. C.M. (12 July 1857 – 27 April 1929) was an homeopathic physician who became Honorary Physician and Medical Officer at the Lansdown Hospital in Bath, Medical Superintendent at the West [...]
Berger et église d’Eragny, by Camille Pissarro, a gift from the artist, inscribed to Dr. Daniel Parenteau. Image credit: Christies Pierre Marie Daniel Parenteau M.D. (1852 – 8 April 1938) was a French [...]
Alphonse Beck M.D. (9 October 1822 – 6 November 1902) was a Swiss orthodox physician and politician who converted to homeopathy. Alphonse Beck was a colleague of Carl Bojanus, Anton von Hubbenett, Osip Lensky, Karl [...]
Queen Victoria (Alexandrina Victoria) (24 May 1819 – 22 January 1901) was the Queen of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland from 20 June 1837, and the first Empress of India of the [...]
Cross of Commander of the Order of Charles II of Spain. Image credit: Emedals.com Antoine Imbert-Gourbeyre de la Touche M.D. (2 March 1818 – 6 March 1912) was a French orthodox physician and [...]
C. G. Kallenbach M.D. (1802? – 1880?) was a German orthodox physician who converted to homeopathy and became a leading member of the Central Society of German Homoeopathists. Kallenbach was the homeopathic physician of the [...]
Eugene Beauharnais Nash (8 March 1838 – 6 November 1917) was an American graduate from the Cleveland Homeopathic Hospital in 1874. Nash taught at the New York Homeopathic Medical College, and was the President of [...]
Heinrich August Fielitz M.D. (28 April 1797 – 4 October 1877) was a German orthodox physician who converted to homeopathy, to become a member of the Homeopathic Society for Upper Lusitania and Silesia, and the [...]
Many people in the last two hundred years have discovered the wonder of homeopathy. There are most probably over a hundred thousand American homeopaths, millions of Indian homeopaths, hundreds of thousands of South American homeopaths, [...]
Tsar Alexander I (1777 – 1825), also known as Alexander the Blessed, served as Emperor of Russia from 23 March 1801 to 1 December 1825, and Ruler of Poland from 1815 to 1825, as well [...]
Francis II, Holy Roman Emperor (Emperor Franz I of Austria) (12 February 1768 – 2 March 1835) was the last Holy Roman Emperor, ruling from 1792 until 6 August 1806, when he dissolved the Empire [...]
Umberslade Hall Walter R. Johnson M.D. London 1847 (23 February 1824 – 5 March 1913) was a British orthodox physician, Gold Medalist in Medicine and Materia Media, and Medical Tutor at Guy’s Hospital, [...]
William Macdonald Source: University of St Andrews Libraries and Museums William MacDonald M.D. F.R.S.E. F.L.S. F.G.S. (21 March 1797 – 1 January 1875) was a British orthodox physician who converted to homeopathy to [...]
Robert Ellis Dudgeon MD LRCSE (17 March 1820 – 8 September 1904), studied in Paris and Vienna before graduating as a doctor. Dudgeon then became the first editor of the British Journal of Homeopathy and [...]
John Anderson M.D. MRCS, LSA (12 September 1812 – November 1909) was a British orthodox physician and surgeon who converted to homeopathy after 20 years of allopathic practice to become Physician to the Clapham and [...]
William Henry Ashurst Snr (11 February 1792 – 13 October 1855) was a British solicitor who founded the commercial law firm Ashurst Morris Crisp at 6 Old Jewry Street. Ashurst was a political reformer and, [...]
John Mason Galloway M.D. (11 June 1826 – 3 April 1901) was a British orthodox physician who converted to homeopathy to become House Surgeon at the Manchester Homeopathic Hospital, Surgeon at the Birmingham Homeopathic Hospital, [...]
George Stevenson Knowles M.D. (1818 – 13 April 1861) was a British orthodox physician who converted to homeopathy. In addition to his homeopathic private practice in Wolverhampton, Knowles held an appointment as house surgeon at [...]
Lucia Elizabeth Vestris, by Robert William Buss (1833). Image credit: The Garrick Club Collections Lucia Elizabeth Vestris (3 March 1797 – 8 August 1856) was an English actress and a contralto opera singer. [...]
Dionysius Lardner Boucicault (Boursiquot) (26 December 1820 – 18 September 1890) was an Irish actor and playwright famed for his melodramas. Boucicault was a friend of many homeopathic supporters, including Charles Kean, Charles James Mathews, [...]
Estelle Faguette in 1875. Anonymous photographer Estelle Faguette (12 September 1843 – 23 August 1929) was a French visionary, who experienced visions of Our Lady of Pellevoisin. Estelle was a patient of French [...]
Charles Gaspard Peschier MD (13 March 1782 – 31 May 1853) was a French orthodox physician and Regimental Surgeon of the Carabiniers of Aubonne, who converted to homeopathy, to become one of the earliest homeopaths [...]
Pierre Jousset M.D. (3 December 1818 – 22 December 1910) was a French orthodox physician who converted to homeopathy, to become one of the founders and President of La Société Française d’Homéopathie in 1889, founder, [...]
Ernst Ferdinand Rueckert (Rückert/Rucken) M.D. (3 March 1795 – 27 July 1843), was a German orthodox physician who converted to homeopathy, to become the second person after Johan Joseph Wilhelm Lux to apply homeopathy to [...]
Johann Martin Honigberger M.D. (10 March 1795 – 18 December 1869) was a Romanian Saxon orthodox physician who converted to homeopathy, and who introduced homeopathy into Afghanistan, Egypt, Persia, Romania, Russia, Turkey, India and Pakistan. [...]
John Hamilton McKechnie (Mackechnie) M.D. (8 December 1828 – 28 January 1903) was an orthodox physician who converted to homeopathy. He was a Fellow and Council Member of the British Homeopathic Society and in 1885-6 [...]
All over Britain and Europe, Homeopathic Dispensaries and hospitals opened their doors for the treatment of the poor. In every case the treatment for poor people was offered completely free of [...]
George Edward Allshorn (Alshorn) M.D. L.R.C.S. (3 October 1818 – 7 January 1870) was an orthodox physician who converted to homeopathy to become a Licentiate of the Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh, a Licentiate in [...]
George Mann Carfrae M.D. (6 July 1836 – 18 April 1900) was an orthodox physician who converted to homeopathy to become House Surgeon and later Consulting Physician for Diseases of Women at the London Homeopathic [...]
Veit Meyer M.D. (17 February 1815 - 22 April 1872) was a German Jewish orthodox physician who converted to homeopathy to become the co-editor of the Homöopathische Vierteljahrschrift, and editor of the Allgemeine Homöopathische Zeitung. [...]
Georg Friedrich von Necher Georg Friedrich von Necher (sometimes misspelled Neckar/Necker) MD (ca. 1770 – ca. 1848) was family physician to the Intendant General and commander of the Austrian army in Italy, Baron [...]
William Warne (21 July 1801 – 15 March 1861) was Honorary Secretary and Patron of the Hahnemann Hospital at 39 Bloomsbury Square. Warne was also on the Committee of the English Homeopathic Association, and Honorary [...]